International Technology Group Plant Engineering - IT Operating Model
Coach the CDO on his digital / IT operating model regarding the as-is, target state, industry trends, and special topics of interest.
The international technology group for plant engineering is well known in its industry. As a quality leader, it can design and build highly complex elements or even complete plants according to the highest standards. In regards to digitalization and industry 4.0, the company has defined itself as a front-runner.
Therefore the company emphasizes the importance of a solid digital / IT organization led by a CDO. On a regular basis, the company is challenging its status quo and moving its digital / IT strategy and organization forward to benefit the overall company.
The goal of the project was to coach the CDO on his digital / IT operating model, considering the following key points in particular:
- External review and opinion on the digital / IT operating model, including relevant aspects of the digital / IT strategy
- Exchange of thought on relevant market trends and industry best practices
The following approach has been taken to coach the CDO on his digital / IT operating model:
- Settings session with CDO
- Analysis of the digital / IT strategy, the digital / IT operating model, and additional documents
- Workshop to discuss perceived characteristics of the as-is and the target state
- Workshop to discuss market trends, industry best practices and and special topics of interest
The project length for coaching the CDO on his particular matters was approximately 10 weeks.