Regional Group Energy & Public Services - Independent As-Is Evaluation
A series of yearly independent evaluations of the maturity level in the area of digitalization and IT.
The company is a well-established regional provider of energy and public services. Management has early on recognized the digital revolution's potential and eventual threats if the business model stays the same.
Therefore the regional group takes significant investments and focuses on setting a digital agenda, driving the development of digitally enabled products and services, maintaining a well-established modern IT at eye height with the business functions up to experimenting with new business ideas.
To better understand their progress, the board asks for yearly independent evaluations on their maturity level of digitalization and IT, which should cover multiple aspects, but still keeps the efforts on such an evaluation lean.
The goal of the project was to perform a series of yearly independent evaluations of the maturity level in the area of digitalization and IT, considering the following key points in particular:
- Assess and understand the initial as-is state, the ambition level, and the yearly progression/change
- Discuss potential changes in the maturity level grading due to now innovation, know-how, and available technologies, as well as dissemination trends
- Discuss impacts of tactical and strategic changes during the years
- Provide high-level reporting for the board and further stakeholders
The following approach has been taken to perform a series of yearly independent evaluations of the maturity level in the area of digitalization and IT:
- Settings session with the CDO / CIO
- Standardized questionnaires and interviews with a defined sample of individuals selected across the company to reach a proper representation
- Review and analysis of the provided digital / IT strategy, status reports, and additional key documents
- Creation of the report and discussion with key stakeholders to identify any points in question
- Finalization of the yearly maturity level assessment
The yearly independent evaluations of the maturity level in the area of digitalization and IT was performed for several years. The annual project length for the independent analysis & discussion took approximately 6 weeks.